We have prepared a checklist as a “TO DO LIST” to help make the transition into your new home organised and less stressful.
Sale and Purchase Contract
- Has your Lawyer checked your sale and purchase Contract before signing?
- Have appropriate clauses been included in the Contract (ie: finance, building & pest inspections etc)
- Have your obtained finance from your bank?
- Have you advised the bank of your Lawyer’s contact details?
- Have you organised a builders report
- Have you arranged insurance for your new home?
- Have you organised your insurance company to send a certificate of insurance to your Lawyer?
- Have you notified your Lawyer that all conditions have been satisfied?
- Have you arranged a pre-settlement inspection with the Real Estate Professional?
- Have you advised your Lawyer of any matters arising from the inspection requiring action?
- Have you advised your Lawyer what your new contact details will be on settlement day?
- Have you signed the mortgage or transfer documents?
- Have you arranged for collection/drop off of the keys?
- Have you arranged removalists?
- Have you started packing things you won’t need prior to moving?
- Have you selected a room in which you can store all your packed boxes?
- If you are currently renting, have you given written notice to your landlord?
- Have you notified all utilty providers that you are moving?
- Have you notified the Australian Electroral Commission of your new address?
- Have you arranged a mail redirection service to your new address?
- Have you arranged care for your children/pets on the day you are moving?